Thursday, October 21, 2010

Governor-General's expenses

Oct 6th National Post on page A5 reported that our new G.G. was no big spender and only spent $3,427 for his wife and himself for one night in Ottawa. - $2500 for the room and $600 for food. I'm livid. I spent $100 for a good room with breakfast with a view, near a beautiful sandy beach on Lake Huron. Now I know that Blind River is not Ottawa, and I am not the G.G. but 30 times the price on my taxpayer's buck seems wildly and grossly excessive. Even when I stay in downtown Montreal, a room only costs me $200. Of course there I will use hotwire or priceline but nothing says that our GG can't do the same. Let's see. My Canada pension for 3 months is the same as our GG spends in one night - and I, as a taxpayer, must pay for that our of my pension. Hardly fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment